Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Will He Go? The Latest on Buckeye's Top Recruit Donovan Edwards

DonovanEdwards

With the departure of standout tailback J.K. Dobbins to the NFL, Ohio State has placed native of West Bloomfield Michigan, RB Donovan Edwards at the top of their wish list. The Buckeye's are in what seems to be a heated tug of war battle with the Michigan Wolverines for the right to have Edwards in their backfield beginning in 2021. What are the new developments in the situation, and what are the chances Ohio State will secure it's next feature back?

Donovan Edwards Ranking

A marvelous physical specimen, Donovan Edwards has been dazzling scouts and coaches alike all across the nation. By watching the tape on him, you will quickly come to the reality that he checks all of the boxes off of the superstar running back checklist after watching just a few plays. With a height of 5'11" and weighing a chiseled 190 lbs., Edwards appears to actually be larger than life on a football field.

The versatile and dynamic Edwards is the 22nd ranked player and 2nd ranked running back in the nation for the class of 2021 according to 247sports.com. He is also the No. 1 ranked player in the state of Michigan for the touted class. Seemingly every program that is serious about winning football games has reached out to Donovan Edwards and offered him a scholarship.

Donovan Edwards Scholarship Offers

The schools include (at the time of this publication); Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Alabama, Arizona State, Cincinnati, Colorado, Florida, FSU, Illinois, Indiana, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina A & T, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas, Texas A & M, USC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Akron.

Edwards Projected to Ohio State

This past week, an interesting report surfaced from 247sports.com that sent ripples through the Buckeye's fan base and alumni. According to Jeremy Birmingham of Lettermen Row, Steve Wiltfong and Allen Trieu (recruiting analysts from 247sports.com and creators of their crystal ball predictions) changed their crystal ball prediction on Donovan Edwards from Michigan to Ohio State.

Since it's the dead-period of recruiting, it's important to tread carefully about these type of predictions. If Edwards had a decision date picked, then a forecast of him landing at Ohio State would carry more weight. He doesn't however, so the sudden change could have just been the result of a few random phone calls placed to him from the Ohio State coaching staff. Back in December of 2019, Edwards was tracked down in the halls of West Bloomfield High School by a local reporter. The following is a brief interview courtesy of Detroit Free Press;

Donovan Edwards Interview

"We are here for signing day. We got Chase, Sterling, Cornell, Cory, and K.D. All the guys here for National Signing Day, I used to grow up with these guys. Me and Sterling knew each other since I was in first grade and he was in the second grade. So it's just like everything that we been through, it's beautiful." Edwards told the Detroit Free Press.
"How many schools that offered you a scholarship are you seriously considering?"
"Around 10. Coach Jim Harbaugh told me I'm No. 1 on their board. Like, Nick Saban told me I'm No. 1 on their board. I was talking to Notre Dame last week, and coach Taylor was talking about how I could be used for multiple things. It doesn't have to just be running back for me. It could be receiver, punt returns, anything. To be able to contribute to my team in multiple ways is appealing to me." Donovan Edwards boasted and deadpanned to the Detroit Free Press.

Donovan Edwards, top 2021 running back, talks recruiting, Buckeyes

Posted on Wed, 04 Mar 2020 06:43:00 PST at http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/eFilmRoom...an-Edwards

Messages In This Thread
Where Will He Go? The Latest on Buckeye's Top Recruit Donovan Edwards - by Steve - 03-05-2020, 09:32 AM